• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pool 4 Bassin

BigMike

Luv2senko,

Welcome to FM!!! I've only fished pool 4 once with Dan Wood (moderator for bass forum) and it was a great outing! Some real football smallies! From what I've read/heard the bass fishing really turns on from mid/late April to mid/late May. And if you really have the itch, you can't complain about getting out a month or two before MN bass opener!

If you are interested in pool 4 and meeting some fellow FM'ers, check out the "just imagine, FM bass tourney" thread in this forum. So far there is a handful of boats getting together for a cheap $20/team, optional $5 big bass tourney on May 1st on Pool 4. Perfect timing for spring bassin' on 4. A bunch of the guys have never fish pool 4 either so it would be a great time to explore pool 4 and learn some of it's spring time tactics.

If you are ever looking to fill a seat let me know: [email protected]. For now I'm stuck wading the banks; just finished up college and trying to line up that bass rig within a year or two (fingers crossed).

Big Mike,

I hear ya, I just got out of school in December. The top of the priority list was a Bass Boat plus I have family that works at a dealer so I am getting a pretty good price. Thanks for the info, I'll look into that tourney.

Thanks

Brad

I recently bought a house by the mississippi, just below L&D #3 near Red Wing and I would like to learn how to pool 4 a little. I have read that there are some good smallies on the lake. I was wondering how soon you can get action below the dam for bass. I know it is always pounded pretty hard fo walleye, but I have been inside too long and need to feel that pull on my line.

I started tournament fishing last summer with a club and would like to improve my river tactics (or lack thereof).

Any suggestions would be great. Also if anyone is ever looking for someone to fish with, I would surely be up for it. If you have a boat, that's great otherwise I am getting a Ranger 185 in a few weeks. If anyone's interested just shoot me an email.

Thanks and good luck.

hey guys I don't wnt to burst your bubbles but the river is gonna be crowded that first weekend of may
> May 1st & 2nd is the St.Jude Kfan pro am invitational and the next weekend is the gander mountain pro am they are held in pools 4 and 5 .Most of the winning bags of fish will be coming out of lake Pepin that's a heck of alot of water to cover about 35 miles worth. I have fished this tournaments for the past 4 years alot of nice pigs ta be caught
Tight lines all
Basswacker

[This message has been edited by baswacker (edited 03-15-2004).]