• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'02 Jeep Grand Cherokee

We bought a new to us Jeep yesterday and it runs good but it does have a bug or two. I fixed the caliper yesterday when I got home with it, not a huge deal. Today we were running the AC and when we got home there was water all over the passenger side floor, standing water! The air box was sweating too, I have never saw that much water before. It was just water that I could tell, not sweet or slippery. Any ideas? I have no clue, never heard of such a thing before. Any help or info on such a thing would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

drain for the evap is plugged. look for the line under the passenger side door to the quarter panel. maybe one of the other folks on here knows exactly where they ran them.

I just looked at it now and there was probably another quart of water that came out of a small box with wires in it (I'm sure that's not good) on the bottom of the air box. It looks like there is some sort of a rubber gasket on it.

the tube will drain outside the rh engine compt. if you look under the dash on rh side, you will see the black box holding the evaporator. at the bottom of the plastic is a piece that is flush with the firewall. it is more circular looking. it is the drain. it could be plugged up. there won't be a hose on it, it simply drains out of the car. Here is a picture, kind of.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/nvltgo/2011-06-20_022909_ac1.jpg

another drawing from the engine side top.

http://www.justanswer.com/view_image.aspx?href=http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/nvltgo/2011-06-20_030444_ac2.jpg

full-39442-47573-hqdefault.jpg

It's pretty common on a lot of different models.

The jeeps are a little trickier to get clear do to the fact that the drain typically runs into the frame rail on the passenger side. This makes it a little more difficult to clear out than the average plugged EVAP. A little compressed air in the right area will usually dislodge the debris and get it draining once again.