• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electric Clipper Recommendations?

401TE

I'm looking for an electric clipper to use on my Britt a couple times per year. She has a pretty soft coat that we buzz cut in the spring and trim in the fall (to avoid too many burrs). I don't need top of the top of the line, but would like something that will last a long time giving 2-6 cuts per year (likely get another dog in the near future).

Looking for recommendations on specific makes/models folks have used that meet these requirements. Ideally less than $100.

Thanks!

Chris

Oster.... fast feed. That model is an economical tried and true vibrating design that has held up well throughout the years, and will be fine for brit hair. Fleet farm used to carry them, can't say anymore? If not stocked somewhere local, they should be all over the inter web, and probably be able to a get a ship to store if not wanting to go the full web route. Would not pay over 75, and sure you can get them for less. Would stay away from a cheaper wahl type....they just do not hold up as well. Always clean well after and keep the blade oiled well during use.

Oster.... fast feed. That model is an economical tried and true vibrating design that has held up well throughout the years, and will be fine for brit hair. Fleet farm used to carry them, can't say anymore? If not stocked somewhere local, they should be all over the inter web, and probably be able to a get a ship to store if not wanting to go the full web route. Would not pay over 75, and sure you can get them less expensive. Would stay away from a cheaper wahl type....they just do not hold up as well. Always clean well after and keep the blade oiled well during use.

I looked these up on e bay and they're very reasonably priced! You say you've used one on your dogs? Looks like they're made for human hair. I don't doubt they'd work, just want to know whether you've actually used this yourself on dogs? I assume the answer is yes. It's an appealing option, I'd rather spend $60 than $125 for a couple haircuts a year.

Clipper is a clipper. The Mrs pushbutton and I own a salon and use them on both human customers and our critters hair. Brought up fleet farm because when I was there one day noticed that the clippers in the dog grooming area were quite a bit cheaper than what our suppliers were offering.....same exact model.

Edit....Not saying the A5 turbo thingies are not good. They do plow through hair.