• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kinnickinnic River

JBMasterAngler

I have never fished the Kinni but yes fish will be active this time of year. Stream conditions are pretty stable right now around here but not sure if the heavy snow got the area up there. If so I would expect the melt to create some less than optimal conditions.

Trout stay active in cold water. The only thing that affects them now is being able to see your fly...or lure or whatever you're using. As long as you're not fishing chocolate milk, it should be ok.

Yeah, so far the snow melt is going at a pace that isn't causing any high waters in any of the streams in the metro...I would assume there isn't any difference over there. I'll be using spinning tackle. At the very least it'll be a nice day to scout around.

Well, I scouted around, but it certainly wasn't a nice day eek At the very least the rain let up just a few minutes after I started fishing. Started in Roberts, and worked my way down to River Falls. Water was normal, maybe a little low, and clear. I caught 5 brown trout total (my 1st ever WI trout). Lost about the same amount, had a lot of strikes and follows, and seen them swimming around everywhere! I didn't stop at every spot though, but at least I know all the places to go. I think I'll go out there again next week, but work the river in reverse order.

Hit the "kinni" early this morning, started in River Falls. River conditions were exactly the same as last week, low and clear. I didn't see anywhere near as many trout swimming around this time though. Caught 5 brownies again, and lost about the same amount as last week though. Biggest this time was a nice chunky 12 incher. Fished a couple new spots. I was surprised at the fact I had every spot to myself today...nobody was fishing today...EXCEPT! I stopped at the parker creek access and there were like 10 cars parked there! shocked What's so special about that place? There must be some nice pools way downstream or something, because I didn't see anyone fishing.

Decided to hit kinni with my 3 year old son today after church. Only caught 1 little brownie, lost another, but we still had a lot of fun walking along the trails. Saw a couple other people catch some small ones. A lot of people kayaking.