• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are there any locks I can put on my outboard motor?

MidCoast

Hey guys, I may have to put my boat outside now on the side of the house instead of in my garage. Are there any locks designed to lock the cover of the outboard motor so that nobody can open it to get to the engine compartment?

I know there are locks for the motor propellers , any recommendations on a good one for Suzuki outboard?

Is there anything else I should lock up before storing the boat outside? This is all I can think off.

Hey guys, I may have to put my boat outside now on the side of the house instead of in my garage. Are there any locks designed to lock the cover of the outboard motor so that nobody can open it to get to the engine compartment?

I know there are locks for the motor propellers , any recommendations on a good one for Suzuki outboard?

Is there anything else I should lock up before storing the boat outside? This is all I can think off.

There's nothing else you should lock up...cause you'll take everything out you like and place it in your house right?

Buying a boat cover is cheap and general effective enough to keep must people from getting curious.

Never heard anyone locking engine hood but if its a smaller motor u can simple put a paddle lock on the mounting brackets. Big motors...I'd like to see some try and take mine off.

Up your insurance coverage!!! Believe me if someone wants something bad enough they will get it or destroy whatever they are trying to get in the process. For most part locks keep the honest guy honest. I don't mean to sound negative and I can appreciate your concern for your property.

what if you put a ratchet strap over the hood and somehow got the lock in the hardware portion of the strap? Obviously a sharp knife could cut the strap but it may slow things down for a bad guy.