• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First post with new camera...

First off I would like to thank everyone for the advice. I plan to add some new lenses to the arsenal at some point soon, but for now am quite happy. The wife and I went down to the Como Conservatory for the St.Paul Winter Carnival Orchid Show. Keep in mind, I am rookie to the gills. I'm still learning how to use the camera, I had far more fails than I did good ones messing with all the settings, but I did like how many turned out. Please feel free to critique, or just kinda enjoy, I know I had fun taking them. All taken with a Cannon t5i, Tameron 18-270..

IMG_0577_zpsf2702136.jpg

IMG_0570_zps0f68112e.jpg

[image]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/DeitzD/Como%20Orchid/IMG_0556_zps1906e111.jpg/[image]

IMG_0540_zps6c425111.jpg

IMG_0537_zps98a58df7.jpg

IMG_0535_zpscb5148d5.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Deitz

Way to go Deitz! Both sets look fine and you will see ways to improve with practice, both with the camera itself and your photos! Its nice to actually be looking at flowers instead of snow! I'm glad the camera is working out for both of you, keep sharing your work.

For sure some improvement needed.. I tried to take some picts of water fall and wanted to do the water blur thing I see you guys do so well.. Mine not so much.. this was best of those, and far from good.. For those in the know.. … .. Was this because I had slowed the frame rate or whatever its called, and was shooting hand held because they said no tri pods or mono pods?

IMG_0553_zps186c2c89.jpg

DD the shutter speed of the camera determines how much you freeze the motion. So a shutter speed of 1/60s will allow for more movement in the photo then say 1/1000s. With silky smooth water shots you really need a tripod. No other way around it. You need fairly slow shutter speeds, I like 1 second or slower depending...

There are a lot of variables that come into to play. You will learn them fast, keep shooting, posting and asking! The digital learning curve is so quick because you get instant feedback. When I started back in the late 70's you had to wait for film to develop!