• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Miami Peacock Bass Report 01/14/14

Well folks the Miami Peacock Bass fishing is still going strong. With big fish being caught on a regular basis. Also we're having days with multiple species being boated and released. Including Snook and freshwater Jack Crevalles.

I had the opportunity to take a nice fellow from Michigan out for his first Miami Peacock bass. Terry actually was just passing through Miami on his way to the Caribbean for a short vacation. With a few hour lay over in Miami...Perfect! He hoped in a cab which is a 15 min ride from the airport, and was literally fishing within 45 minutes from landing. It didn't take long before he landed the first on many Peacock bass he caught in the few hours we fished together. He was also very surprised at the wildlife we have down here. The Iguanas,and Manatees really got his attention. I loo forward to doing it again.

Terry's 1st

001_zps12707200.jpg

One of many

002_zps36c830ca.jpg

Miami wildlife

Iguana

Lagoon1-14012_zps4a33151a.jpg

Peacocks

bluelagoon8-29-13014_zps8c251e6c.jpg

Manatees

bluelagoon8-29-13008_zpsde770fc3.jpg

I also had the pleasure of taking out my wife for a half day of fishing and scouting out new areas. Needless to say she really tore them up! Landing some real brutes which really tested her fish fighting skills. We also got a couple of double hook ups along the way too. Gotta love it when the fis cooperate. Anyways I took a few pics during the trips for memories. Thank you for taking the time to read our reports. Hope ya enjoy them.

Lagoon1-14006_zps26e48698.jpg

Lagoon1-14005_zps6c953386.jpg

Lagoon1-14002_zps76073c9f.jpg

Lagoon1-14016_zpse89c7b12.jpg

Lagoon1-14003_zpsef796a25.jpg

Capt. Tony

http://www.miamibackcountrycharters.com/

I have been feeling enough cold weather. Those peacock bass look like the perfect break. I would like to trailer my boat down to fish the canals. I have a 690t Ranger, what are some of the rules and areas of public ramps

Yup, I hear ya about the cold. I used to live up north, and don't miss it. I guess you can bring your boat down. There's plenty of waters you can fish with a bass boat. Your gonna need a Fl. fresh water fishing license though. Another thing to think about is where your gonna keep your rig while your here.

Very nice pictures Tony! I was just looking into charters down there. I have to head down there to visit a client in a couple months and was thinking about fishing for a day or two. I would like to remove peacock bass fishing from my bucket list.

How far are you from Hollywood? My client lives just south of South Lake right on the canals. Is this a good area and do you guide in this area? What is "prime time" down there for peak peacock fishing? Is it possible to break up a day into 2 different species, say peacock and snook or is it logistically impossible?

With -17 degrees up here this morning it's not going to be a hard choice. grin

Very nice pictures Tony! I was just looking into charters down there. I have to head down there to visit a client in a couple months and was thinking about fishing for a day or two. I would like to remove peacock bass fishing from my bucket list.

How far are you from Hollywood? My client lives just south of South Lake right on the canals. Is this a good area and do you guide in this area? What is "prime time" down there for peak peacock fishing? Is it possible to break up a day into 2 different species, say peacock and snook or is it logistically impossible?

With -17 degrees up here this morning it's not going to be a hard choice. grin

Buddy I hear ya about that cold weather yous guys are having up there. Ok, let me see if I can answer your questions for ya.

1. Hollywood is about a 20 minute ride to the park I launch from.

2. If I had to pick a "prime time" for P's. It would probably be in the warmer months. They're pretty much an all year fishery.

3. We don't have to fish different waters to catch P's, and Snook. They hang out in the same areas. Alot of my clients catch Snook, and sometimes Tarpon while on a Peacock Bass charter with me.

Here's a couple of examples of other speices caught while Peacock fishing with me.

DSCN0978.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

020.jpg

IMG_20120622_084430.jpg

This one was caught off my dock, which is the same waters we fish for P's

DSCI0070.jpg

MilsSLAM003_zps60412d22.jpg

peacocks10-24-13002_zpsce184770.jpg

001_zpse8cec91a.jpg

Hope this helps ya out.