• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rubber Pig Attacks Black Labrador!!

Ufatz

One-year old Lab developed a reddish rash, small pimples, acne like outbreak around one side of muzzle, from nose back three inches or so. Call to vet brings suggestion to change water bowl from plastic to something else. Apparently plastic bowls can harbor unwanted spores.We change. No change in dogs condition. FLASH.....we note dog has been playing with a pink rubber pig and has ripped it open a bit. I get inspired "I think it is something in the pink pig!!" We take pig away. Rash is gone in a week. Could it be a reaction to latex from the cheap rubber/plastic pig. You KNOW where it was made so we can ALL speculate about what mystery ingredients might be in it.

DO change bowls to stainless. But ALSO be aware of this case and closely examine dogs toys. Dog can't get rid of it if using a plastic bowl because the plastic HOLDS the bad bugs. Lemme know.

Yea, I was expecting some kind of great Utube video! laugh

Both our cat and dog developed allergies this last summer. When I spoke to the vet he said its a very common problem, and just like people, pets can develop allergies to all kinds of things.

You identified the problem and removed the culprit from the dog's environment. Problem solved!

Now I EXPECT to see a video of a large rubber pig attacking a Labrador!!! wink

Ha Ha Ha! I'm working on the video. Unfortunately the closest thing around here to a large pink pig is me!!

Yes, I talked to two vets and they said this "acne like" facial/skin problem is not unusual and it IS an allergic reaction. We have never seen it before and I just thought it was worth passing along to other dog owners.