• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Facebook question

Ryan_V

I'm relatively new to Facebook. I've noticed that a few of the pages I "like" don't show up in my news feed when they update. Is this something in my settings? Any other ideas? Where I've noticed it happening is the resort's on mille lacs I follow for ice conditions. I use it on my phone with the app, not on a computer if that matters. Thanks for the help

It used to be something in your settings but I dont know anymore,they change things all the time.Try using your browser to go to the mobile facebook instead of the app,it seems to keep up better for me,I miss things on the app all the time,plus the browser has the option to get most recent and top stories on the upper right hand corner.

The app newsfeed sucks, only use it for messages and alerts.

With that said go to the non-mobile Facebook page, then go to the pages you want to see find the button that says "Follow" or "Following". Click it and make sure it says following not follow.

Now that still won't get you every posting but it should help. From the lady at work that updates our Facebook page apparently the business pages must meet a certain list of criteria for each of their followers to get every status update. It has more to do with advertising money than anything but I also believe it has something to do with number of followers, posting frequency, etc. So unless the business pays to have their postings highlighted only about 25-50% of the followers(from what we have noticed as they show stats on how many people have seen each posting) will actually get the postings in their newsfeed.

In the app there are option in the news feed for top stories and most recent. Make sure you have most recent selected and check it often as it tends to default back to top stories.

You can find this by clicking on the three bars in the pup left corner of the app. Then click on the settings "gear" in the news feed tab. The top stories and most recent will pop up.