• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

04 Honda Rincon

Big Fish Hunter247

I was just out rideing today and it was stalling when ever you were at an odd angle, my friend has the same problem with his 04 Rincon that we just picked up on Friday any ideas of what it could be I think it might be a fuel pump problem Has anybody else had this problem? I might just take it back to the dealer and see what they say but I thought I would put it out for discussion on here before I did that. Thanks for the Info

Big Fish Hunter 247

I haven't heard anything about that problem, sorry. Strange that it's both machines, too. Almost like something misadjusted at the factory or sticking in the carb. I would take it back to the dealer.

Yea I think I will do that thanks for the info. My 04 Ricon has over 200 miles on and that problem just started and my buddy that I was talking about his has less than 100 on it so maybe it could be that they did something wrong at the factory you never know but I will take it back to the dealer as soon as possible.

Big Fish Hunter247

Does it stall right after you let off the gas? If this is the problem you are experiencing I don't know if there is a fix for it yet. I have heard some say the problem goes away after getting the carb tuned in better and some say it gets better with time/miles (seems to be true, I am also rejetting my carb and installing a K&N, so I will have to play around with adjustments to see if I can get it right). Your problem is shared by many Rincon owners, you can look at many of the larger ATV forums on the net and it is surely a question that has been asked. I'll let you know how the rejet goes.

yes I took it back to the dealer and they said that it was part of the brake in period I think mine is like way past that close to 500 miles on it and about 36 hrs on it I think I might might have to call somebody at Honda and see what they say

Big Fish Hunter247

I think I may have cured the stalling on mine. I am running a K@N with Outerwear and a DYNO-JET kit using 142 main, mixture screw at 2.25 turns out and dyno-jet needle clipped in the center. Idle is set to just before machine goes into "creep". I will keep posted as I get more ride time on this set up.

I got a response from Honda on this one they tell me that there is a low oil sensor that when it get to an angle the that low oil sensor shuts it down that what honda told my me if there was a way to bypass it I would it think it is actually kinda dangerous but thats just my thought on it

Big Fish Hunter247

My buddy took his 04 honda in to Excel Sports in Coon Rapids and the mechanics that work there have the same ones too and they have been having the same problem. They have been trying to find it thats the only explination that they had other than it not getting enough fuel at that kind of an angle

Big Fish Hunter247

I looked through my Honda factory service manual and found no oil level sensor anywhere. Looked through the electrical diagrams, lubrication system, engine section, transmission section and found nothing. I don't know if I am blind or if someone is blowing smoke your way. If you should talk to Honda again ask what page you could find this sensor on in the service manual.