• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

snowblower troubles

Gordie

I have a craftsmen snow blower with a 12 hp Tecumseh engine on it last season during the last snow fall the motor would run for a few minutes then die after trying to figure out the problem that was the needle and the seat. I rebuilt the carb and got it running great I ran for a half hour so I installed stabil and stored it for the summer. well this season it started acting up again. I changed the fuel line and emptied the gas tank and found a the remainders of the inside of the gas cap in it. It still only run for a few minuets then dies. I also noticed that the little primmer button on it doesn't seem to sound the same as it used to. but when you pump it enough it will allow the gas to over flow the carb.

Does the gas cap have some sort of breather built into it? It seems like since that has fallen apart it has not run the same. It doesn't leak when the cap is on now so I'm thinking it could be a air lock type thing.

Yes the cap should have a small breather.Try running it with the cap threaded on 3/4 turn or so to let air in.If it runs you know the problem.Also that float and check valve needle may be stuck.It happens after a lond sit.easy to free it is disconnect the fuel line at the tank and blow in it that will force the check valve up.

Yes the cap should have a small breather.Try running it with the cap threaded on 3/4 turn or so to let air in.If it runs you know the problem.Also that float and check valve needle may be stuck.It happens after a lond sit.easy to free it is disconnect the fuel line at the tank and blow in it that will force the check valve up.

Tried the float trick so, I'm hoping that the gas cap is the problem.

My lawn tractor had the same problem this past summer ... would run okay for a few minutes then sputter out. After a while it would start up and run again for a few minutes, then die. Took it to the dealer and the guy behind the counter said he had the same problem and cleaned a tiny vent hole in the gas cap ... it has run fine ever since. Funny how something so tiny and simple can keep an engine down.

I have a craftsmen snow blower with a 12 hp Tecumseh engine on it last season during the last snow fall the motor would run for a few minutes then die after trying to figure out the problem that was the needle and the seat. I rebuilt the carb and got it running great I ran for a half hour so I installed stabil and stored it for the summer. well this season it started acting up again. I changed the fuel line and emptied the gas tank and found a the remainders of the inside of the gas cap in it. It still only run for a few minuets then dies. I also noticed that the little primmer button on it doesn't seem to sound the same as it used to. but when you pump it enough it will allow the gas to over flow the carb.

Does the gas cap have some sort of breather built into it? It seems like since that has fallen apart it has not run the same. It doesn't leak when the cap is on now so I'm thinking it could be a air lock type thing.

its the devil getting back at you for not heading up to Winnie!!!!! whistlewhistlegrin sounds typical for a sears product.