• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hackensack area ATV riders!!!!

Benny

Big thumbs up to Hackensack area , the city council is looking at ways to help the ATV community.They are looking at establishing regulations to allow ATV travel on county and city road ways where it is safe to do so.
This wil benifit the tourism and comerse in that area, as people would go there instead of the restricted Washington county.

Benny

We have something similar to that in the Floodwood area .. we are allowed to ride on the roads in town just as long as we keep it under 10 mph. We have designated trails going through town, they ask that we keep travel to the trails as much as possible. It is a good boost to local economy during the snowmobile season, and is very convienient to us ATV riders year around.

People abide to the law pretty well here. Occasionaly you get an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly.. but locals are quick to yell, and the cops are quick to ticket when someone gets stupid... more power to the athorities. I like being able to ride out of the driveway.

I should add that if you live in the area you should stop in at the city hall and ask what regulations are being proposed.Then if you like them or want to see a change please ask them to take your comments.
It has not passed yet, and can be reversed to ban ATV's if the anti ATV people get in there first.

Fisher Dave, when I was growing up in Pengilly we could ride on most streets ecept HWY 65, Nashwalk had thier routes through town as well to keep the bikes and ATV's off the main streets.
It was nice to ride through the mine pits and then go into town for a soda or gas.

Benny