• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mid to late october. tactics

Badger_55

I took my granddaughter out for day 2 of the youth hunt yesterday. We have a fair amount or rubs and scraps in our area so I thought I would do a bit of calling and rattlin.

Bout every half hour I called and rattled a bit, don't like to over do it.

A tad before 6pm, I rattled using my rattlin bag and within a short period of time, in walks a buck. End of story, deer in the freezer.

I would think that we are now in a great period to rattle for the bucks.

I spent 6 hours setting stuff up on different properties today. Normally I'd be in a tree no matter what at this point but with a Nov 9th gun season I like my chances but I took the first week of Nov off to bowhunt.

I might be hitting the calls a little bit tomorrow but if you don't start this weekend, Start Soon with the calling/decoys.

I took my decoy out for the first time tonight. Got out for the last two hours of light and stashed him under a big juniper for the next hunt(s) out there. Good luck!

View from my "stand." I had corn to my back on the ground in my ghillie. Will be using haybale blind once corn comes down.

full-25796-38095-decoy.jpg