• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Submarined my wheeler Help!

addicted

My Yamaha Grizzly 660 went into the drink on Sat. After 8 oil changes the oil in now looking like oil. What else should I do to ensure nothing gets wrecked?

After being towed 10 miles by a Honda 350 it was a Humbling experience, OK OK...I am invincible!

------------------
Addicted

It's not only a name, but a state of mind!

Take all the electrical conectors apart and dry them out, put some di-electric greese around the male end and plug them back in.
Also may want to see if you can get some fresh greese in the axle joints,front and rear ends.
Make sure your air cleaner and air box are clean, drain the carb bowls also.
Good luck, Benny

Do the maintenance steps the owner manual states. Yes, change the differential fluids. How far did it go under? Along with Benny's suggestions, maybe squirt some cable lube in the cables.

Dave and Benny
Thanks for the help! Water was over the seat, before I could get off.I will change the diff oil. Do you know if There is anything I have to do with the Transmission? I drove it last night and it seemed like at low speeds the belt was slipping?

------------------
Addicted

It's not only a name, but a state of mind!

I can't remember if the Griz has a drain plug for the belt housing; probably does and some water's still in there. So, when's the next dunking scheduled....lol

Check/clean your airbox/cleaner good.

Yes there is a drain for the belt case. Kinda hard to find but if I remember right it is in the middle of the case and behind something (foot brake or something like that) Dont forget to drain the pull start case. Sometimes overlooked until you need it and the rope breaks. It should be sealed but ya never know. Don't feel bad a friend of mine sunk one month and a half ago and it only had 30 miles on it frown.gif.