• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vets in East Metro

onthefly

It is a little bit of a drive, but Country Side Vets in New Richmond are the best I have found. Dr. Keller is the best gundog vets I know of. He is up to date and knows about the things that happen to them that does not happen to the common pet. I have a ton of stories about him. He saved my dog's life from Blasto before most knew what it was.

My other dog also had a ailment and to save the drive I took him to the local vet. He told me my dog needed surgery and the place he referred me to told me the surgery would be between 3500 to 5000 dollars. I almost crapped myself. I then called Dr. Keller. He told me that they do not recommend that procedure anymore because it is a very likely that it will comeback. The surgery to eliminate the problem would cost me between 3 to 5 hundred dollars and he would do it there! He saved me at least 3 grand and the problem was fixed and never came back!

x2 on Country Side Vet.

Have had a few hunting dog injuries that need stitching and antibiotics on a saturday or sunday and they are very reasonably priced compared to anything in the metro! Very helpful and honest with answering ?s over the phone whether or not some injuries needed to be brought to them as well. And general care tips for those injuries that didnt require a vet visit. And for all around typical veterinary costs they are the most resonable I have found as well.

Otter Lake Animal Hospital has been great for every hunting injury you might expect. Diagnosis on some strange things too were always right. He did a dogs ACL for a fraction of the UofM and she was hunting 7 months later.

Had a good vet in ND once hand me the staple gun and told me to staple my dogs torn chest skin (barb wire fence) together. Said now you know what to do. Clean, flush, staple.