• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PSE DNA bow

Scott K

I plan on getting it set up correct for me this weekend, then fine tuning the sites. As of right now, I was about an inch to the top right of the bullseye at 30 yards, and the same at 20 yards. But I didnt have the time yesterday to getter fine tuned in, and figured it was close enough to sit in stand for a night or two.

I do think the draw length is about a half inch to long, and I think that is my problem. I think that will also help me out with holding it drawn as well. I know if your not holding it back tight, it will want to go on its own.

Smellesox, I too have bad shoulders, and at 57 pounds, which is where I had my last bow at, I can draw it back pretty easy, it is a little tougher then my last bow, but doable. I am sure it will be a little more of a challenge if I was awkwardly shooting from stand, or sitting in my blind. I may end up dropping it a few more pounds until I get use to shooting it a bit. I think it will have plenty of speed even at 50 pounds.

That's one of the nice things about the bow, you can lower the poundage way down and it shoots just as fast as most other bows set at 70. I have mine set at 70.4 with the mod and draw set the same and it shoots missiles.

I don't think the brace height matters much these days with how the bows are designed, more in peoples head then anything IMO. I guarantee your slappin your arm from to long of draw.

If you want more valley and let off set your draw 1/2 short compared to your stops. You'll only lose about 5-7 fps, if you do that you can probably crank it back up a bit. There's a few options you can try.

PS-Don't forget the blue loctite when you start messing with the mods.

Another thing with it, the 20 and 30 pins were basically overlapping each other, so I removed the 30 pin, and adjusted the 20 to 25 yards, wich I didnt even move hardly. Even right now, the 25, and 40 yard pins are practically overlapping each other. This thing must shoot pretty flat out to 40 yards anyhow.

Yeah, that's why I got a sight with a dovetail for mine. It will make it so you have more pin gap. I have a 5 pin set at 20,30,40,50,and 60. I was thinking about getting one of them 3 pin sights where the last pin can be moved out to 100. Just for practice of course, if you can dial in at long yardage a 40 yard shot seems like cake. In the end I just went with the 5 pin because I don't even practice anywhere where I can shoot over 60.

My arrow appears to be still shooting flat at 60. With my Mathews I could see my arrows start to drop pretty hard after 30-40 yards.

I am shooting 400 arrows, with 100 grain broad heads, 29" inch draw, and I have the bow set at 57 pounds. The arrow moves pretty good. He had the bow set at 67 pounds and a 30" draw, I could pull it back, but I struggled, and it was hard to hold it drawn for very long. I can tell it is a little slower after shortening the draw, and backing the bow down 10 pounds. I plan on getting 340 arrows for it, just to be safe. They tell me the 400's should be good, but for a piece of mind, I am going to move up to 340's.

After shooting this bow for a month, I think it is a little to aggressive for my bad shoulders, so I will be getting a new bow, I will probably wait to see what Mathews has in their new line up next month. I need something a little smoother for my shoulders. I shot the Chill, and really liked that. I really like the speed of this bow, but I need something a little more shooter friendly. Any other thoughts for a smooth shooting bow?

Depends how the draw feels for you right now, you want your draw shorter you can move it and keep the stops where they are at. If you have your draw right where you want it move the stops.

No matter what you set your draw at you want the stops to be set 1/2 inch more.

I will give you some quotes from one of the DNA gurus on a different site.

"Update on Let-off. I have a lot of guys asking about increasing your let-off so here are the results.

When you move the draw stops forward to the next position you will increase your valley substantially and bring you to a 74-75% let-off bow. You will also increase your draw length by 3/8" so for instance if you are a 29" draw you will want the rotating mods set at 28.5" and the draw stops to 29" to get you a true 29" draw with more let-off.

I will keep you posted on speed reduction by doing this as well."

"Another update for those considering a bigger valley with more let-off

Here is the results when putting the draw mods at 28.5" and the draw stops at 29". At 61# 29 3/16 measured draw with a 367 gr arrow shooting 307 fps. This change also gave it a 16.2# holding weight apposed to a 19# holding weight and increased the valley quite a bit. It is less efficient at that setting but still would calculate to a 348 IBO speed rating."