• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Decoying Coyotes

My brother and I hunt coyotes together casually whenever we find time but havent had tons of luck. But this year while goose hunting we left our goose decoys out in the field overnight and when we came back in the morning our decoys were tipped over and chewed on by what we think was coyotes. So that gave me an idea to put a few decoys out in a field to draw coyotes out for an easy snack.

So, for one, is it legal to use goose decoys to lure coyotes in? And has anyone tried anything like this before? It sounds good in my head, but I'd like to get some more experienced guy's input! If this is the dumbest idea you guys have ever heard just tell me!! Like I said, I'm not a big coyote hunter. Thanks!

Seems like a bit of a hassle hauling a bunch of goose decoys. Better off with a predator decoy like a rabbit or deer or something. Something that moves. As smart as coyotes are I would bet against them being the culprit for chewing on your decoys. I would lean more toward a domestic dog. I could see a coyote tipping one over maybe but not chewing. Just my opinion. Let us know if you try it.

Currently just bring a gun, we are infested with coyotes like never before. They are using a standing cornfield as home, they are coming out of there thick as ever every night, even rainy windy weather we're still hearing them every night in many many places once the barking starts they all start and 51 were shot in the sections around us last winter/spring and they were quickly replaced mercy, have never in the past 2 years seen and or heard as many, please go hunt them or allow people after deer season to.