• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gotta mouth like a crockadile!!!

Ufatz

Turns out my new little girl has a mouth like a crocadile!! Never had a young dog to tough on bumpers-or anything else- but I have had some hard-mouthed dogs years back. What is latest "trick" technique out there in dog training land to stop the habit. I don't want to do anything drastic until I have to.

She's just now a year, very quick learner, terrific nose and just won't quit until she has found the wings I hide. And you oughta see her go off my dock!! I wish my fist take off on floats was that pretty!! Ha Ha HA!

Only answer is Force fetch. My lab was also a "crocodile" - especially with birds, he'd chomp and eat if I let him. Force fetch was successful to the point he's on the edge of almost being soft mouthed.

Takes REAMS of patience. Don't overdo it. Dog determines the pace. 5-10 min max, 2x per day

Yah, okay fellas. Just thought there might be some new whiz bang dog psycology trick you fellas knew about! Ha! It is puzzling how she developed this over a period of time. She is just excellent at so many other things and the first dog I've ever had that tool ONE session to figure out left,right and back hand signals! How about THAT! Ha Ha Ha!

Thanks. Will proceed the same old way.