• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opener weather

Double

Very much a newb at this. Anyone have any thoughts on the weather as Opening Weekend is fast approaching? If we go from highs in the 90s and 80s over the next couple of days to temps ranging from lows in the 40s to highs in the low 60s on Opening Weekend, any thoughts on how that may affect deer movement / activity? Would that possibly be enough of a temp swing to increase deer activity?

I won't really have the intel from trail cams available to track activity. Any thoughts on preference between morning and evening sits?

Thanks in advance for any input, gents...

Depends where you have stand setups at.

Closer to bedding areas, feeding areas or water?

Most of our setups for early season are set up for evening sits next to food sources and water.

I will be hunting the opener in the morning and the wife is taking the evening sit.

I will be deeper in the woods closer to, but too close to a bedding are with some water.

I might change plans at last minute and sit on a very high point of land and just do some scouting/hunting with the hopes of really just trying to pattern deer at long range with binoculars.

The hotter it is the later they will move or stay in the deep swamps till dark. This temp swing is going to be awesome for opener.

I texted a buddy last night that was bear hunting at 6pm saying it feels like a killer night because of the big cool down and a hour latter I got the Bear Down!!!!! reply from him.