• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canon Camera

Hi All:

I want to upgrade from my 50D to the 1D Mark IV. But I'm having a heck of a time finding a new one. Amazon has some used ones... If anyone knows of a good place to check let me know. I'm already keeping an eye on Canoga Camera, National Camera Exchange and B&H Photo. No interest in Ryther Camera (NJ) lots of complaints on web. Thanks for any help

Wayne

Why a new one? All of my pro bodies have been bought used with great success. Head over to fredmiranda and take a look. I've bought with no issues from there many times. I just looked and found a few cameras for around $3000. When I bought my Mark IV about 2 years ago I was in the slightly above $4000 range. Before I spent over $5000 on a new Mark IV that is not easy to find from reputable dealers I would buy a nice used 1DX for the same or slightly higher price. JMHO

Even better yet if you need a pro body a Mark III can be had for a song! Going from the 50D to a Mark IV is...well a pretty big leap. What are you hoping the Mark IV will do for you? I know none of this is my business but just trying to see where you are headed. What lenses are you looking to use on the Mark IV. A $300 consumer zoom is not going to be the best combination on that body! Are your lenses EF-S lenses? They won't work on the Mark IV with its EF lens mount. Quality lenses are forever...bodies come and go. Spend good money on quality lenses first and you will be investing in a system that can last many years. The money you are going to spend on a Mark IV could buy a VERY nice lens or two and a Mark III, 7D, 70D, etc body.

I will keep my eyes open for you, best of luck Wayne!