• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bent Axle?

MinnesotaMike

I have a 1980 16' Lund w/ 50 Merc and original trailer. I noticed that the tires are wearing on the inside, the neighbor mentioned that the camber may be off. Is there a way to fix this with out getting a new axle?

Does anybody know of a shop in the Line area??

Thx,

Mike

when were the bearing last repacked or replaced. if they go bad the tire will lean and wear unevenly plus you run the risk of it totally falling off if the bearing fails completely. I had one once on my old boat trailer where the bearing was shot but it never fell off but it did almost start on fire it got so hot. it totaled that axle so I ended up having to replace the whole axle.

Brad is probably on track with this one MinnesotMike I would goo threw the bearing and check them over real well. I had a similar thing last year and on the way home from park Rapids I almost lost a hub and the wearing on the tires can be one of the first signs of that.