• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

expandable foam to quiet stand?

lakevet

Any experiences and tips using expandable foam to quiet stand tubing? Looks like window and door foam designed for with low expansion pressure so no metal bending occurs would be best. How long a run of tubing can you fill without drilling filler access holes? Looking at doing a ladder stand.

Thanks!

lakevet

Friend of mine bought a can of this foam as the bottom of the stand would squeek.

he could spray it in the channel all the way around the bottom and it did the trick.

I do not know how far it will go into the channel as he had a 3 sided area to fill and not a channel.

I would make sure drilling filler holes will not weaken the strength of the stand.

The silicone hose idea may work very well.

I have a Summit climber, drilled filler holes just big enough to get the straw in for the can of foam and haven't had any problems yet with drilling into it. I forget how far apart I drilled the holes but that also depends how much foam you spray into each of the holes.

Seem's Summit could fix the stands so the customer does not have to make them a huntable stand. That's why I use the Lone Wold climbers, no need to have to make it quiet.

Many good climbers out there and it would be nice if they were more user friendly for some of the brands.

I have a climber, no idea what brand, I purchased from Jonny P years ago. This is one of the quietest, user friendly stands I own. Wish I could get my hands on about 5 more of them esp for the price I paid.

The comfort of the stand far outweighs a couple minor adjustments.

My thoughts exactly. I just got my Bushmaster, need to fix the creaking noise when I'm sitting in the tree but other than that I love it.

Nice signature by the way huntnfish! kcco

Another tip for the Summit: I have cut pieces of felt tape to cover the edges where the cables slide in and out of the square tubing to prolong the life of the cable's shrink tubing.

My biggest complaint of Summit is the durability of the shrink tubing. I wish they would use that cable that looks like a timing belt.