• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

poor mathews

fishin58

I never put much into what another says about any brand bow. Just because he or she does not feel it fits them the way they like, does not mean it would be a good fit for me.

If I pick any brands bow up and it does not feel correct, that only means the bow is not for me. If I shoot it and I do not like the feel of the bow, I highly doubt i am going to do well with shooting it as I am negative about that bow from the time I picked it up and said not for me.

Many different archers on this forum who shoot different brand bows and do well with it. That does not mean the others do not work, they simply prefere the other brand better.

In my opinion, Hinton should have left out the "Buy the other bow" comment. That's where he crossed the line - as others with business and marketing experience have pointed out.

There's credit to be given to retailers who'll tell you the straight "skinny" but at some point your business sense should kick in when you're involved in a high profile story. You can tell the truth without casting such a dark cloud over the product. It reads as though the new Mathews bows are junk and should be avoided.

The commentary overshadows the fact that they acknowledged the top line bows are so close, it's hard to pick a winner.

Maybe the next new Mathews model will be The Revised.

By the way, I am a Mathews shooter but by now I'm just old school in the market with my LX. I'm sure any one of the other bows in the review would seem lights out better than what have now but I'm still happy.