• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A new adventure

I am heading to Michigan Saturday morning to fish the Michigamme reservoir with 30 other gals. I have never fish Michigan so this will be a new adventure. I haven't been out much this year due to some health issues, but I am raring to go. A whole week on the water seems like a dream right now. The group I am going with will be having a fly tying class, a class on Wolf River rigs, some will be kayaking, some are even going to hit the golf course up there. And of course we will be having a fish fry and nightly tales around the campfire. Makes me feel like a kid again laugh

I hope all the forum gals are having a chance to get out on the water, the weather is so nice right now!

Michigan trip turned out to be a bust as far as fish for me. The whole week was in the 90's and high humidity. The area was absolutely stunning despite the awful weather and I hope to go back. I do know I am going to head back next winter to Gogebic to search for some of those teeter pigs.

Spent 5 days down at Mille Lacs earlier this month, again a dry spell for me. Last two weeks have been pretty much devoted to taking out kids, seniors and the handicapped on our Let's Go Fishing With Seniors pontoon. Ten last Sunday the luck changed, I got slammed by an anchor crank and hurt my arm,but I wasn't going to let it get me down, grabbed one of our cheap Zebco closed faced combos with a teeny flu flu on it and caught this. The reel doesn't work so great anymore but you can see the big grin on my face. The second photo was my right arm the next day. Total for last Sunday was 23" walleye 17" walleye, 2 decent bass, bunch of sunnies and one of our clients caught a really sice smallie

full-22884-36152-1149071_208103046016712

full-22884-36153-armslam.jpg