• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

water pressure gauge?

jloomis

I just notice the last time i was out that my water pressure gauge is not working. Could it be that its clogged up in the hose that connects to the gauge? If it is can i just disconnect it from behind the gauge and use a airhose and blow through it. Would like some help on this cause i gotta go back out Thursday to prefish for a tourney on Sat. Thanks.....

Sounds like I might be too late, but it's more likely that the gauge stopped working (not likely) or that the hose got pinched or a crack / hole in it and the water pressure isn't getting to the gauge.

Disconnect the water line where it connects to the block and use low pressure air to verify that the line is good & the gauge is working.

marine_man

Another simple test is to pull the tubing line off the back of the gauge with the motor running, with water of course (muffs work). If water is coming out, then the water is under pressure and there is a gauge issue.

I had a gauge issue related to water trapped inside and subsequently froze, breaking the gauge diaphragm.

If the gauge had water in it last winter it is probably toast. Do as above and disconnect the hose with the motor running to see if there is water pressure. If there is pressure, replace the gauge. Be SURE to blow the water back out toward the motor before installing a new gauge as water in the line is how the water got into the gauge and froze in the first place.

Hydro - Thanks - That explains why my gauge broke from freezing. The hose fell off the gauge the prior year, spewing water all over my feet and legs. I simply reconnected the hose and did not do as you described and therefore water in the gauge. Realization - the gauge is designed to operate under air pressure. Duh - Slap Head.

Hoey, Yea, the "water pressure gauge" is just a plain old air pressure gauge in disguise. I've had mine freeze a couple of times and luckily was able to fix it somewhat. It's no longer calibrated but it shows when I have pressure. It was not easy to fix though,