• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minn kota terrova I pilot remote problem

sparky27

I recently purchased the terrova with I pilot. Problem is that sometimes the remote just shuts off or I can't get the remote to turn on. Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you have to do to resolve it?

My I-Pilot remote recently stopped working. I first thought the battery was dead. Check it out - just fine. Found my receipt for a warranty claim, just hitting the two year mark. Now waiting on the replacement to arrive. So I suggest finding your receipt and contacting a warranty depot.

There's a trouble-shooting section in your booklet, check that too. I had a problem the other day too..thought the battery was dead, but I dropped a new one in and I still had the problem.

Looked at the booklet and found that I just needed to got through the "Learn" sequence again and sync the remote up with the motor. Just a thought.

Wonder if the iPilot GPS had a date problem. I too had troubles this weekend. First time I've used the remote in three weeks.

Unplugged the motor. Plugged it back in. Hit learn and all was good.

My problem was that none of the GPS functions worked. I could manually run the trolling motor with the remote but it had no feedback on speed, also couldn't set anchor, or a heading. Worked fine after a reboot.

Are you sure its the remote shutting off and not the unit itself? I installed new Terrova 80 w/ ipilot last year and the head unit would shut off when I would get over 5 speed for any length of time. After a couple seconds unit would re-activate and I could use the remote again. May seem like it is the remote shutting off as it does shut off when the head unit cuts out. Problem ended up being a bad connection. Make sure there is no corrosion on your connections and then tighten everything down as tight as you can get them. That would include the connection of power cable to breaker assuming you are using a breaker. Unfortunately it took my a year to get this resolved. Replaced all of my connection before I realized that my power cable to breaker had just a slight wiggle in it. Tightened that down and problem is gone. Good luck.