• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with Carp and Sucker spots

I'm having a terrible time catching Carp from shore this year. The weather isn't helping much. Was wondering if any of you target any lakes in the Roseville or Minnetonka are for carp.

I take my little brother fishing,so somewhere with good shore access would be good. I normally hit up Cook Rapids or Hidden Falls, but both those haven't been living up to their reputation this year.

Catching suckers/shad would be fun too, as I'll start cleaning up my catfish gear in a few weeks. Not looking for your honeyholes..just for some input of safe shore access.

I found coon rapid to be best place for carp ..depends not every time we end up catching something but...

what r u using for bait ?

what rig ?

I just caught a 10+ pounder on sunday .. and I go there very often.. laugh

where u fishing from the walkway for river steam ??

On the river- doughballs, corn and worms for carp. I've been hitting the Mississippi in St Paul recently but haven't had any luck with carp. Lots of channels/sheep head/goldenye though.

Normally fish the bottom with a small hook and a heavier weight.

In coon rapids I normally fish under the smaller dA*m or I walk downstream from the larger one. Any other good spots there for carp? Does any one fish above the da*m?

I been doing fine with coon rapids for carp say in last 5 visits i landed 3 .. dont give up and here are few things i can tell u ..

If you looking for carp - apart from all other things

look for quite places with not much noice around - at time you will see group of people fishing and making lot of noice or cast retrive splashing water etc ... so find a quite place .

check the area you will be casting u bait.. avoid much weedy areas ..so u dont snag oftern.

very important is do not cast too far - 10 to 20 feet max. they will come for you ..

try making dough ball and add some corn to it .. a hook of size 5 will do.

**** try hair rig with corn or popup boilie on size 4 hook.

the walk-area brige from regional park towards the trail(closed) is good - u can try at near the border walls ... go there when its drizzling or after rain showers .. you will not find many people and it be quite for sure..

let me know if you have any questions..

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubb...end#Post3091432