• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

digital photo frame collage purchase/setup

I've decided to buy some digital photo frames for my wife's birthday and mother's day. Make it one big HURRAAH since I realize that I won't be in the boat this opener/mother's day and make this gift worth it for the long haul. I'm not saying that money is not an option, but if I drop 1k, it'll be worth it if I purchase something that will last a long time.

I'm not really considering one large photo frame, the spot I have in mind is opposite wall of our big-screen, so that'll look gaudy. But I'm thinking of a series or collage. We already have 7 photo frames in the spot that I want to put the digital frames, so 7 digitals would be ideal. Some now are 7.5x5 and others are 10x8 with one large frame in the middle.

How would be the best way to set this up? I have an electrician in the family, so I can use his help. Researching just has me running in circles. All of the best are powered by AC adapter, but are they powerable by USB port as well. Thinking maybe if they were I could power in a USB port and that would be easier than using 7 AC adapters.

What brand(s) are considered top notch? Quite a few questions, but I really want to make this worthwhile and a great gift since I've stummbled a few times before on gifts. After getting an Ice-Armor suit for my BD last year and loving it I need to make this one count. Thanks

Thought about that, but the only place for this setup that'll work is on the wall opposite of our big screen. Never seen two tv's facing each other and I don't like how that would look.

I haven't ordered them yet, but I think I'm going to go with 4 of the 14" digital photo frames and worry about the wiring when I get them. I figure the electrician brother-inlaw can figure that out.