• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnkota with link

Pistol Pete

Am looking at a Terrova with link and a new bird to go with it, a 858c HD DI. Anyone know what i will need to buy for additional cables to get hooked up? Also looking for input from anyone who has used a link system. How do you like it? does it hold contour lines good or does it wander a bit? Would you buy it again? Ease of setting the system up?

If you have just the i-Pilot LINK and one HB unit then all you will need to connect them is an ethernet cable. They come in varying lengths.

I haven't used the LINK system but the early reports for it are very good.

If you haven't bought your Minn Kota and Humminbird yet you might want to check out the prices at Pro Fishing Supply. Call or email them for their best prices. You might also want to mention that you saw their add on HSO, sometimes that can help you get a better price wink

I just bought the Terrova 80 with iPilot Link and the Humminbird 858c DI at Joe's. They are on sale. I haven't hooked it up yet. Still reading the manuals. Man, the possibilities seem endless with the different functions of the iPilot Link. My next task is to get the appropriate fuses for both units (60 amp for the trolling motor....not sure on the graph though). And i need some heavier guage wire for the power to the motor. #6 marine grade I've been told. Anyone know what guage wire i should use to power the graph? I'll be running the power about 10' from the battery.