• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blizzard Hunting, how did everyone do?

I hunted the Mississippi both Saturday and Sunday in the Blizzard. That is what I call duck hunting. We did quite well on Saturday, getting geese and mallards. There were alot of geese in the area, at one point three flocks converged and were all locked up over the decoys, 350 birds, what a site. Sunday was tough, with the 30mph winds and sideways snow the number of birds around decreased dramatically. We did mannage a goldeneye and a nice drake hoody. My friend knocked that thing down out of the stratusphere. We messed up on some mallards which were few and far between. It was a blast just being out there and hunting in those conditions. How did everyone else do?

Was out west of Morris on Saturday and got two roosters. Lot of geese in the area (and in range) now that the season is closed. Only saw one small flock of Mallard in the fields during the entire trip. Thought there would be more ducks.

Saw only one duck, and that was when he cruised into our dekes while we were picking them up.

Water that had held litterally thousands of birds on Monday held absolutely zero by Thursday. Must have sensed the approaching storm and boogied out.

Overall, it was a poor season on the days I was able to hunt, but after the last 3 seasons, which were beyond exceptional, we were due for a sub-par one.

Counting the days till next season already!

------------------
>"////=<
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. # 841
www.marcum.com