• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

adjust the trailer?

mnguy152

Help us with "Goofy"

Are your tires at the same height when you tried backing in further...Typically backing in further you hit the big wash hole from roller trailer guys blasting onto the trailers.

Most likely one or more of your rollers are bent causing them to float "Goofy" when submerged.

What trailer do you have? What Boat?

The trailer I have is a savana classic. What I mean by goofy is one of arms are up in the air and the other will be down low. couple of times i had my trail in too deep of water. The boat was sitting on the wheel by one of the rails on the side of the boat. so back down the water to get it readjusted righ. I find now to get it right on the boat I have to back down so the light are little underwater and start cranking from there. It is a good work out but I think it could be better. Thats why I think they maybe need adjustment on the arms or the wheels. The rollers are the ones with a long bar with a arm on eatch end with a roller on the end of the arm.

Get down and look it over real good. May be some obvious damage. As a general rule, at least for any roller trailer I've loaded, the top of the wheel Wells should be out of the water. Also, if you have a tall hitch, it will make the winch work harder.

The rollers are meant to rotate to a degree, if one is moving more that the other then the stop is most likely bent from a mishap while loading.

You may have to make adjustments to the rollers if the trailer is not the one that came with the boat? Sometimes the bow is thinner then the rollers are set and then the bow drops to far down inbetween them and your fighting against them then rolling on them. Also make sure you have the right guide roller which is down on the frame between the two upper roller sets which helps the bow roll up on to the upper rollers. Not all trailers have the lower guide roller although if they are setup right and match the hull design.

I had a bunk trailer for 15 years, last year I upgraded to a new boat and trailer that had rollers. It took a lot of practice to find the "sweet spot" for the trailer to make loading easy, and I still won't say I have it down yet. Like the other posters said, I have found that just getting the far back rollers just under the water makes it the easiest, I can guide it there, yank it up with the rope and then hook up the winch to pull her up the rest of the way.