• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UTV with tracks

fishinnut_3446

Ok guys let me hear your sales pitch.

I have 3 Sportsmans 1-450 and 2-800 and i'm thinking about kicking the 450 to the curb and getting a Ranger with tracks and a poly cab.

Now my questions 500,800,900? Power steering is it a must?because they don't offer it on a 500.Lets here your thoughts.

Will be for ice fishing and hunting.

Fishinnut,

I have a 2011 800 ranger with power steering, rangerware cab, camoplast tracks on it and it is a blast!! I use it primarily for coyote hunting, ice fishing and taking my wife and 4 yr. old daughter for a little ride. I have not been stuck....yet!! It goes pretty much anywhere.

I had a 2010 800 without power steering and it sucked with tracks compared to the one I have now. The 800 has plenty of power and if money is not a concern I have heard really good things about the new 900. Good luck in your purchase!!!

Here is a pic of my set up.full-33281-30685-full_33375_14668_ranger

I got to ride in a 2010 with tracks and no power steering. It goes thru a lot of stuff, but can be hard to steer with no power steering.

It definitely is a fun ride. The cab they had didn't allow the doors to securely close, just velcro or something. I would get an different style cab if it were me...not sure what kinds are offered though.

NIGHT,That is 1 sweet looking ride!All my wheelers are camo but thats out of the picture because 2 of them faded to a purpleish and its not from leaving them sit outside.

When you say not stuck yet what kind of stuff you been in?

The property we hunt has a big marsh and I got my 1 of my 800 stuck twice this past year,I would say its like floating bog,you can drive out there and back but have learned NOT in the same tracks,and if you get off and stand in you wheeler tracks the water is anywhere from calf to waist deep water.

magnum mike,I'm awear of what they cost,so the tracks/cab may wait until late summer/fall frown

Knight hasn't gotten stuck because he doesn't start 1/2 the time!

But really, his is an awesome machine. We've been on LOW in some deep stuff and it just floats over everything. The tracks kick up a ton of snow though and the engine compartment gets stuffed full. If I could stomach the bill I'd love to have one.

I'd recommend as big of engine as you can get if tracks are a must. 800 would be as small as I'd go. I have a 550xp sportsman and I don't think I'd consider it big enough, thought it has a good deal of power. And EPS would be a must as well. But that's just my .02

I've had tracks on a 700 ranger and now on an 800 ranger. If I was buying a new one I'd opt for the 900. The new rangers have many improved features over the old style 800's. Power steering is a nice improvement I added an aftermarket kit to mine this fall specifically for the tracks. The poly cabs are junk I wouldn't recomend them.

77B037FD-5EF1-495E-9218-E04E3D14460A-648

I have a newer gator 825 with tracks, I typically use it for grooming my Nordic ski trails. I went with a glass windshield, I do not have doors yet but would recommend them, but mine are $800 per door I guess it is what it is. I have 3 kids so they love taking rides on my property and I can fit the whole family. I have yet to be stuck and have gone thru some pretty crazy places, in both summer and winter.

full-13775-30824-img_0008.jpg

full-13775-30825-img_0048.jpg