• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Weight?

snagger

Anyone have any clue how much a 2000 Lund 17' Angler SS with a 90hp Mercury on a trailer would weigh? I'm guessing slightly over 2,000 lbs. I'm asking because I'm going to have to pull it with a Toyota Highlander (V6) on my local fishing outings. I think the Highlander can tow up to 3,500 lbs

Thanks.

Snagger, from the old catalog (you can still view it on the Lund HSOforum in the catalog archives) the boat weighs approximately 1,010 lbs. I would imagine that is the dry weight of the boat w/o the motor.

I've got the same exact boat and I used to pull it with my my Chevy S-10 pick-up with the 4.3L, V-6 with no problems at all. (Stopping was never an issue either.) On flat roads I could leave it in overdrive but if you notice the vehicle shifting up and down quite frequently, be sure to take it out of overdrive to save on the transmission. Only problem with that is you really get bad mpg. I currently have a F-150 and probably only lose 1 mile or so on the mpg.

NADA.

They will give you the boat and motor separately.

They list the boat as 1,010 lbs. This is probably empty. Add a couple hundred pounds for gas, gear, and batteries.

The motor depends on if it is a 2 stroke or 4 stroke.

2 stroke - 303 pounds

4 stroke - 386 pounds

A few years ago 2 friends and I estimated the weight of our rigs, using the weights given by the boat & motor manufacturers. The trailer weights we had to call a dealer. We figured in gas, batteries, anchors and tackle. Then took them to a grain elevator and weighed them.

Our rigs were 400 to 600 lbs heavier than we estimated. They were all 18' boats one glass & 2 aluminum. I've talked to several other people who've weighed their rigs since then and the result seems to be consistant for 17' & 18' boats.

I agree! Its Always more than it looks!!

Had a tracker pro guide v-17wt awhile back. Tracker's HSOforum listed the "package" weight at 2300# (boat motor trailer the way it was before taking delivery). Pretty sure that was under estimating by a lot. From the base listed package we upgraded from 90hp carb'd to an Optimax. Replaced class 24 with class 27 batteries. added an on board charger. upgraded trolling motor and release mount. Spare tire, added extra seats & posts. THEN added 30 gallons of gas, a jug of oil, extra prop, the musky box, a dozen rods and reels. a stereo, spot light, fire extinguisher ad flares. then filled the glove box and added small purchases to the storage compartments throughout the season as expected.

I Know Some of this stuff was thrown in for road trips.. but thats where the weight estimating gets tricky. Most vehicles you need to add the weight of additional passengers +payload of cargo, bottled water, food, luggage + trailer (fully loaded).

I think we were closer to 4000# than 2300#

4 people at an average of 160# = 640

30 gallons of fuel = 180-200

cargo inside vehicle = 200

So add 1000 pounds (roughly), before throwing the tackle, batteries, fish finder, spare, etc..