• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ft Meyers Beach

I'm heading down for some sun and Grapefruit League baseball. Our friends have a house on a canal that leads out to the ocean. Can anyone give me a heads-up about the kinds of fish that I can try for right off the dock? We will be shark fishing on the big water but that dock is calling my name. We will be there from March 17th thru the 24th

Thanks

Will

From my experience on the East coast Intercoastal, Mangrove snapper were always around the docks and walls, they are good eating, just make sure you hit the min length. Black Drum and Sheepshead are usually in there as well. Those two you can 'chum up' a big by knocking barnacles off pylons. We'd usually get into a few puffer fish and some other misc fish as well - almost need a book sometimes to figure out what you caught. I'm guessing the big factor will be how far the canal is from the main waterway in what you can catch.

I'll be down there the week after that near there on canal in Cape Coral. Good Luck! Post what you catch!

I will be at Cape Corral March 18-22. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express. First time staying in this area. Might have to bring a rod with and try some shore fishing. Or go to the big O for some bass fishing. Any recommandations on places to see? or places to eat? Thanks!