• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

97 GMC Yukon 5.7 cruise control motor

Will not hold set speed when going up hills. Drops and will not recover. Colder it gets the worse the problem. If i have to change the motor can/will the existing cable disconnect from old motor so i can use the old cable as not to break the plastic clip on throttle body?

It's been a while since i have done one but i am pretty sure the cable needs to be removed from the throttle body and disconnected from the mounting bracket near the throttle body in order to remove the connection from the cruise control module.

The good news is i have never had one break from removing it from the throttle body. this connection is fairly uniform across the GM brands. It is fairly common to have to remove this cable from the throttle body to do many common repairs. I wouldn't be to worried about breaking it as it can be removed with fingers and typically does not require any forcing with tools.

I have a motor w/ cable, but i broke the clip removing from junker. my question is can i use old/installed cable and remove cable from old motor or can i remove existing plastic clip and replace broken clip on junker cble end. can the cable be removed from motor end, this would be the easy fix. thanks in advance.