• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wheelhouse

fisheater

I'm looking for info on ice houses. Specifically, I'm looking for the smallest wheelhouse 2 people can sleep in. Would like it to have lights basic heat and reasonably mobile. How much would that cost on the used market and what should I look for. Any help?

Can't cook'em til you catch'em!

Two guys could get by with a 6.5x10 or 6.5x12. Used to spend a lot of time in a 6.5x12ft wheeled house and with one other person it worked well. The house has a stationary sofa/bed on the side and a pull out cot in the front. A third person could go on a cot on the floor but then it got tough to fish out of.

As far as price for a good used one suspect to pay $2,500-4,500. Make sure when looking used the wheels are nice and straight as many have been overweighted (mine) and the wheels bend in.

one of mine is 10'x7' the door is in the rear and there is a dinette in the front that makes a bed and a bunk over it. Upper cabinets go from the bunk to the back wall down both sides. It has 6 holes two under the dinette and 4 more behind it. With the table folded against the wall you can fish 3 comfortably using two holes each, if you don't need many comforts of home it sleeps two easily and we have put a cot in for a third on L.O.W. cause you don't fish after dark. For multiple day runs we bring a hub shelter that we use to store gear, neccasary bucket, and we also do all the fish frying in.