• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bow mod

I'm new to bow hunting and 4 months ago I purchased a bow in my price range, a pse rally, decent for a first bow shoots nice and quite and I like the feel of it. But after a few things I have changed on the bow to make it better and my own, and after shooting my old mans bow. I want to know if it is possible to put a wood handle on the bow since mine only has 2 pieces of rubber on each side? My dads buckmaster that has a wood handle just feels so much better to shoot even with a 2 inch longer draw than mine I could still group arrows really close. Or would this mod be more in the area of having to buy a different bow?

I know you can get custom or aftermarket grips for Mathews bows. I'd bet you can get them for other brands like PSE as well. I googled up a company called Jager Archery that makes custom grips. You might start there. I've never used a custom or aftermarket grip on any of my bows.

While grip is personal preference, most experts say that a thinner grip is more accurate. A thick wooden grip does very little during your shot because very little of your hand touches the grip during the shot. It is nice for holding onto, but not alway for accuracy.

That being said, there are many types of aftermarket grips out there that you could look at if you'd like to try it.

I understand that thinner could be better, I shoot open handed anyway. But the the wood handle contours your hand better even when you shoot open handed. So with the thinner handle I tend to torque the bow more and the wood handle I torque less and shoot tighter groups.