• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Washing Ice Fishing Suit

PurpleCatMan

I don't have any ice suits but on other winter clothing that has waterproofing I use Nikwax Tech wash. It has worked for me pretty well. They also have a product called TX.Direct to improve the water repellence that deteriorates over time.

I have the Black Frabill Suit. Washing in COLD water and then either hang to air dry or put dryer on "air dry". DO NOT USE HEAT WHEN DRYING!

The extreme heat from the dryer will cause you to lose the breathability and water proofing. Also, washing directions are generally on labels or I'd simply call Strike Master and ask.

Follow the directions from the company who made it- every fabric is a little different. For the most part it doesn't hurt a thing to wash and low heat/air dry and spray with a waterproofing spray. Even very expensive gore tex rain gear and mountaineering gear tells you to light detergent wash. Specific to gore-tex, you spray on the water repellent (Revivex) while the garment is still wet after the wash, then you low heat dry and it makes the gore-tex surface like brand new actually. One thing- make sure you use a front load washer if you can! It's much easier on it and the zippers/ suspenders.

I use a wooden handled scrub brush and hand wash them with dish soap and then rinse them off with a light spray down, then hang off the shower rod in my bathroom to dry. I do it probably twice a season. I have both Arctic Armor and a SnoSuit