• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

any lakes getting safe to drive on?

hooked79

i know a few lakes up north r reporting 13+ of good ice

i was thinking about takeing the famly fishing this comming weekend

was wondering if there any lakes that would be safe enof for a 8x20 castle and a full size 3/4 4x4 suburban i dont wanna take anychances

yea 15 is the leat i will take my rig on

i was just wondering if any lakes have hit that yet?

i can pull the house with a 4wheeler my house weights 5000-5500 lbs

i was gonna put all my gear in it and weight it fri befor i decide to take it anywere but i might just stay local and use the portable

just getting kinda antzy but saftey is my #1 conceren thanxs for the heads up

Quote:
i can pull the house with a 4wheeler my house weights 5000-5500 lbs

Question here - you wait until 15" for your truck, but are willing to pull your house already with a wheeler and your house is 5000 to 5500 lbs - doesn't that roughly put about 2000 lbs per tire on the ice? Now if your truck is 7000 lbs isn't that roughly lighter then 2000 lbs per tire?

Quote:
Question here - you wait until 15" for your truck, but are willing to pull your house already with a wheeler and your house is 5000 to 5500 lbs - doesn't that roughly put about 2000 lbs per tire on the ice? Now if your truck is 7000 lbs isn't that roughly lighter then 2000 lbs per tire?

most houses that size are tandem axle so 5000lbs over four tires is only 1250 per tire

Quote:
most houses that size are tandem axle so 5000lbs over four tires is only 1250 per tire

and the tires are how far apart?

My point is in a house that size, if you don't feel safe driving your truck - pulling your house behind a 4 wheeler isn't much better!

kyhl you are correct

if i decide to take a small chance i will pull it with the wheeler

that way the wife and kids can stay warm in the truck and i can come back for them with the wheeler and if i do go throu i would rather be on a 4wheeler than in the truck

i dont like to take chances i am never the 1st one one if i see a house like mine on than i will go out

we might just stay local and camp on shore with the house and take the portables out i would rather be safe than sorry and when it come to takeing my famly out i wanna be as safe as possible so waitng another week or 2 might be the best option i dont wanna go all the way to red but maybe new york mill area they didnt get the [PoorWordUsage] weather we got down here and ice is good but not shure if it is 15+good