• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Won fantasy league.. Money to burn.. Favorite camera?

FLAG!!

I have an older aqua vu and it works just fine but it's so dang clunky. Are any of the new(ER) ones worth it? Have some cash to burn and I love using my camera now but don't like lugging the thing around and rewrapping the cable on the base.

Any recommendations? Also any of them work at night yet? Thanks.

I love my Marcum 825SD - just got it last year and it's been great both on Minnetonka & Mille Lacs. I also happen to have it for sale on hsolist if you are interested since I am moving to the LX-9 to get the same camera and a depth finder all in one. Let me know if you are interested - it's the cheapest one on hsolist right now, and in perfect shape!

The Aqua Vu micro is a lot of fun! Heres a shot i caught sat night

full-105-28102-2012_12_21_14_50_00_442.j

Its really cool that it fits in your pocket and that with a touch of a button will also record the action. USB charging is also a huge bonus.

You will not get as great of an image as the big clunky cameras and rotational control takes some practice, but you simply cannot beat the convenience.

I have an older aqua vu and it works just fine but it's so dang clunky. Are any of the new(ER) ones worth it? Have some cash to burn and I love using my camera now but don't like lugging the thing around and rewrapping the cable on the base.

Any recommendations? Also any of them work at night yet? Thanks.

I have an original Aqua Vu micro. I have that one for the kids now. It is a great unit. Last year in 30 ft of water on dirty water Rush Lake during the day I could still see color on the bottom. It is a nice unit. Once I am on the fish, I use the pro Snake to hold the monitor & the MO-POd to turn the camera. This now makes it an hands free options. The Mod-pod does have a small wireless remote that I clip on the monitor to turn if I want to.

I did not get to use it much when my kids came with me so for Christmas I handed that one over to the kids to use. Camera keeps them really busy, which means I can fish longer.

I just picked up an Aqua vu Micro Dvr for a little christmas present for me. This camera is an improvement over an already good camera! I love the fact that I can turn on & off the IR, the 3x digital zoom & being able to record will be sweet! I will have to use them side by side to compare. I heard that they also upgraded the monitor & the camera from the saleman. I am heading out this weekend & will report back.

Thanks for the quick replies, that micro looks pretty slick.

Any opinions on whether or not these cameras scare off the Walleyes? My old one has the big sunfish as the ducer... Panfish seems to attract to it but I rarely ever see Walleyes in spots that I know are there (I,e, getting them on tip ups very nearby).

Use em more to check out the bottom or do you guys leave em down?