• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grey Frabill Suit, anyone try them?

Might_B_A_Pike

Just want to know if anyone out there has used these. It’s the grey set that retails at $279 for the Jacket and Bibs.

I am looking for something to keep my wife warm, but most of the real insulated ones are not affordable for us. I have seen a good deal on these and am thinking of picking a set up for her.

Any reviews would be much appreciated. They don’t seem very thick, but I wonder if we could layer them with other stuff and be ok. She gets cold long before she gets board, so this would get us more time on the ice.

I bought a pair a little over a year ago....so far not one complaint. used them around metro, and LOW, and haven't had a problem staying warm. they may seem a bit lighter...but they are definately warm enough in my opinion. plus they're nice in the early and late season when it's warmer out....no sweating!

I played with a grey frabill a week ago in a store. It does seem light which would work well for layering. I second the red ice armor suit made for ladies. My fiance has one and it is thicker and has more insulation in it I believe. I think the coat has 180grams and the bibs 120grams. She doesn't come fishing much but she never has complained about being cold while wearing it. My fiance is a freeze baby to.I do believe its roughly the same price as frabills grey suit.

Frabill makes some nice suits. I bought the Black one for $200 at the St Paul Ice show a few weeks ago and I've very happy with it!

Tried on every brand of suits at the show, the only one i liked better was the new Strike Master Suit - Cost kept me from buying that one ~425ish for jacket/bibs, if i remember right.

I bought the stryker suit used it three times now and am very impressed paid 300 from thorne bros its very warm very user friendly and best of all it floats you if you go threw I bought the medium grade one

I ended up pulling the trigger on the grey suit, It was only $150 from Reeds, I looked at the red suit from clam, I think if they were the same price I would have went that way, but it would have been $100 more compared to this one being on sale, and that is a lot for me.

Thanks for the imput.

I found a way to make the suit a little more insulated. In the military surplus section of FF (Blaine, MN), they have the fleece bibs just like I was issued as a base layer for my gortex in the Air Force. They are black, only $12! it will provide a perfect base layer to make the grey suit comparable to the heavy insulated ones.

I have been wearing my military issued gortex shell with the fleece bottom layer and have never been wet or cold.

So if you have any freeze babys, I would suggest picking a pair up, very cheap, very very effective.