• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Got my Marcum LX-6

WinterHaven

Disable the automatic depth selection, disable dynamic, set the depth range manually.

Turn down the sens. until your jig disapears then turn it up one bar. It will not totally eliminate the problem but the unit will be "fishable" till an update is available.

Use vertical and flasher dial modes only. Zoom off. Sensitivity to 5. Target ID set at 0-2. Auto or set range both work with less hiccups but issue is still very much there only less apparent.

Andy, I know that I had the sens. set at 4 bars, so we are pretty close there. I was just using the Flasher dial. No vertical or zoom. I seemed to have the most problems with the dynamic and auto mode. The number displayed in the center of the flasher was always locking on to my jig. Never tried just using the Graph, might give that a shot tomarrow. Going to have the unit on the lake all day.

Andy, I know that I had the sens. set at 4 bars, so we are pretty close there. I was just using the Flasher dial. No vertical or zoom. I seemed to have the most problems with the dynamic and auto mode. The number displayed in the center of the flasher was always locking on to my jig. Never tried just using the Graph, might give that a shot tomarrow. Going to have the unit on the lake all day.

Actually what I suggested was what I found to be most usable at this point with the 3.01.

I prefer to run the modes on my screen: chart zoom, vertical bar, vertical zoom. The chart will jump also as its pertaining to the same feedback information. Setting the range to manual may help in certain situations but I have found it to be not much of a difference.

Being away for others and being able to get a good lock on the bottom, fair weather all plays a part.