• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Showdown troller

SpitnArgueDuckClub*

That's a hard one to answer, since the Troller and the FL-8 do pretty much the same thing, but are very very different.

Biggest, most noticable differences are that the Troller has a vertical display, is grayscale, and has a small screen so it is very portable, but due to the small screen you give up some target seperation. If you're looking at the Troller I would be sure to look at the new Troller 2.0 model for this year. The new model for this year has zoom, a feature I find myself using more than half the time when I'm ice fishing.

The FL-8 is a circular display, they call it a 3-color display but it is really 2 colors blended together to make the 3rd color and that is why it is not as crisp or sharp as some other flashers, the display area is bigger so you'll get better target seperation, and you do not have zoom.

Both are great units that do what they're supposed to do, like mark the bottom, the fish, and your bait. So it really comes down to your personal preference for the way they look, and the features they do or don't have.