• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

battery tender?

senco 1

Get the original Battery Tender Plus. Cabela's has them. You won't be disappointed. I have since went to them in my perm. I had a solar brand tender a few years ago and the dam thing cooked the battery. It's was suppose to go into maintenance mode and it never did one. Hundred dollar battery ruined. It worked until the warranty went off .

Get the original Battery Tender Plus. Cabela's has them. You won't be disappointed. I have since went to them in my perm. I had a solar brand tender a few years ago and the dam thing cooked the battery. It's was suppose to go into maintenance mode and it never did one. Hundred dollar battery ruined. It worked until the warranty went off .

I cooked a battery this fall while deer hunting using my wheel house. Had to get a new battery and bought a Battery Tender Plus as well. Just leave it hooked up so when I come home and plug in the house, the tender charges and maintains the battery.

What about the battery tender junior? Is the plus worth the extra money. The junior is $29.99

I have the plus in the house for a slightly faster recharge rate. I have the jr. for my motorcycle battery to maintain it. I think the only real difference is the charging output. The jr. is .75 amps, and the plus is 1.25 amps. Essentially I think they will do the same thing, just the jr. may take longer.

If your only looking to charge your batteries between trips at home the tender would work for you.

If your going to be charging your system out on the ice with a geny than I would suggest a single, double or triple bank charger like you put on a boat. I bought a dual bank big C charger for my boat and use it in my fishhouse in the winter. It charges 4 amps per battery and when one is charged it switches all 8 amps to the remaining less charged battery.

It cuts down on charging time and geny run time. I bought an external flip lid male outlet box for the outside of my house wired straight to my 120V outlets in the house. Run an extension cord to the geny and done.