• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Little Buddy heater + full thermal house

Stick in Mud

I use one in my non-insultated Kenai when it's decent out (say above 10 with a little wind). So it should keep you alright with the bigger house being insulated.

It won't make it t-shirt weather in there, but definetly take the chill out.

But as you figured, it won't be near enough when it's really cold or windy out. Bring on the Big Buddy smile

-hope this helps!

I fished all last winter in my JM thermal X with a little buddy heater, most of the time it is set on low and I never fish with a jacket on.
A Little Buddy doesn't have any temperature settings and puts out 3,800 BTUs all the time. A Portable Buddy does though.

A Little Buddy doesn't have any temperature settings and puts out 3,800 BTUs all the time. A Portable Buddy does though.

You are correct. I use my portable buddy on low most of the time, but it still seems little compared to my big buddy. grin

I fished in the eskimo fatfish 949i last year and i have a big buddy. I set it in the corner and turned it on high first time out. Ill tell you within a couple of minutes it was toasty in there, too toasty. After that i kept it on low or coldest days maybe medium if i couldnt bank the house to cut the draft down. Bottom line a regular buddy heater should do just fine in an insulated house.

I stand corrected. I always have called my little portable a little buddy. The reason i stick with the sunflower is i dont have to bring 3 tanks to fish all day and it takes up less room in the house (more in the sled though).

I have a Little Buddy and a Portable Buddy and posted this because it would be a pain for someone to buy a Little Buddy, take it home and find out it didn't have a temperature control. I have a one man portable and the Little Buddy would roast me like a turkey if I ran it all the time. grin

I stand corrected. I always have called my little portable a little buddy. The reason i stick with the sunflower is i dont have to bring 3 tanks to fish all day and it takes up less room in the house (more in the sled though).
I use a eleven pound tank, six foot hose and a filter on my Portable Buddy so I don't have to change tanks during the day. I use sunflower heaters too. Just depends on the weather and which shelter I'm going to use.

I love the size of the little buddy. Takes up little space and is also pretty light. It would be nice if it had more than just the one setting though.

This is why i use the sunflower style. the one that sits on the ice or can be flipped to cook. can run on 1lb or 100lb tank and has high med and low.