• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Want to Darkhouse Spear MI and ND this year

merkman

where in michigan are you looking at? I know of two GTG this year I'm going to and I'm in charge of one. The first looks like it will be the first weekend in Janurary and the second is on Ground hogs day. The first is at a no size limit lake and the second is home to some huge pike. Let me know if you want details or as to an idea of what your after in Michigan and i can help steer you in a direction.

Merk my buddy lives in Minnewauken in NoDak a block off Devils Lake he will have some great reports and I'm sure lodging will be close at hand also.

He's deer hunting this weekend so I will probably talking with him this Sunday Night I bring up the subject of it.

where in michigan are you looking at? I know of two GTG this year I'm going to and I'm in charge of one. The first looks like it will be the first weekend in Janurary and the second is on Ground hogs day. The first is at a no size limit lake and the second is home to some huge pike. Let me know if you want details or as to an idea of what your after in Michigan and i can help steer you in a direction.

When and where is the one you are in charge of?

That is the one I want to go to.

-Merk

Merk my buddy lives in Minnewauken in NoDak a block off Devils Lake he will have some great reports and I'm sure lodging will be close at hand also.

He's deer hunting this weekend so I will probably talking with him this Sunday Night I bring up the subject of it.

Yes... Let me know... maybe the last weekend of the year or something...

Am I hearing you volunteering to drive my truck out there for a weekend? grin

407 mi, 7 hours 10 mins one way according to Google.

-Merk

http://maps.apple.com/?lsp=9902&sll=44.364380,-84.431722&q=8947%E2%80%938989%20W%20Airport%20Rd,%20Saint%20Helen,%20MI%20%2048656,%20United%20States

http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/SPATIALDATALIBRARY/PDF_MAPS/INLAND_LAKE_MAPS/ROSCOMMON/LAKE_ST_HELEN.PDF

Here is a link to the DNR lake map and s link to the public access.

Cool hope to see you guys, making a decoy fir each and one for the Mn Gtg as I just lost my company phone and computer as i was downsized which is an excuse because greyhound out I have narcolepsy. So i have answer post on wifes cell, so it takes longer. But carving decoys and blacksmithing is now my full time job. Im starting to carve in the deer blind tomorrow. All will be available.

Cool hope to see you guys, making a decoy fir each and one for the Mn Gtg as I just lost my company phone and computer as i was downsized which is an excuse because greyhound out I have narcolepsy. So i have answer post on wifes cell, so it takes longer. But carving decoys and blacksmithing is now my full time job. Im starting to carve in the deer blind tomorrow. All will be available.

Sorry to hear about your job Jason.

Houghton lake 24" min with 2 fish limt but I wont be they not worth the time for pike, walleye jogging is good, I know a guy that caught 200+ pike last winter there and one was a keeper. And thaks MJ, 10 years and corporate finds out about the narcolepsy this spring and at the end of a two year state contract , the very day, im out the door.

I hope to spend more time on Higgins this season aswell. Ive been there several times for the smelt but never to spear pike.

Lakes Cadillac and Mitchell are good lakes to spear on. Lots of keeper size pike with a chance at a 40+". Easy access points.

St. Marys river system between L.Superior and L. Huron is also good. Lots of pike, muskie, walleye, perch. Downside is you need a machine or vehicle to get to your fishing spot.

I live on Drummond Island which is at the southern end of the St. Marys. Good spearing/fishing there too. Lots of Islands to fish around but.