• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bird song id - long shot?

B. Amish

so i hear this bird song the other night out hunting and i'd like to know what it was. i'll try to describe it. it was a single high note. it was at dusk. the closest thing i can relate it to would be a cardinal, but i'd never heard a cardinal sound like that. and it was just one note being sung.

habitat was an edge between tamarack, alder, cattail swamp, then some red/white pines, then a corn field.

How about a Canada Jay. (whiskey jack, camp robber, lumberjack, or several other nick names)

D a search on bird calls on line and listen to their call. You will probably hear the complete call but often I hear just that single high note from them.

thanks for the tips. i'm just not hearing what i heard in the woods on these searches. oh well, i will be back in the area this weekend and maybe i'll get to hear the song again. it's completely possible i was only hearing one note of an extended song.