• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter thermal lodge vs. Clam Jason Mitchell

Colemanvdh123

Im looking forward to buying a knew flip over this year at the ice show in St. Paul. Im trying to decide between the otter thermal lodge and the clam jason mitchell. Please give me your personal opinion and prior experiences with either of the houses. Thanks a lot and good luck fishing.

I'll start out by saying I'm an Otter guy, my best advise is don't listen to all the hype, bells, whistles, and sponsored opinions Go to the retailer of your choice and slide them next to each other then Compare poles, sled, seats, canvas quilting, hardware etc. If you are looking for the longevity, durability, and over all quality one will stick out.

If you are ever up in Isle and want to drop in and see a 5 year old Otter Cottage with over 1,600 miles on it just send me a note, seeing is believing.

^ ditto except the otter part, just compare them and see what you like about them. cabelas has them set up right now i went there a few weeks ago to compare shacks and i picked the jason mitchel x2 and got it threw thorne bros

I am entering my second season with a JM Thermal X. I had some production issues last year but Clam stood behind their product and made it right. I did a few mods in the off season and am looking forward to putting it through the paces this year.

I was actually looking at a Frabill last year when I decided to purchase my JM house. The selling point was the weight. Often times quality construction also translates into increased weight. For me, lifting it in and out of a truck bed alone is a big consideration. Unless you're planning to unload your gear before putting in the truck, you can add 50lbs to the sled weight very quickly.

Certainly just my opinion,,,,The quality of the Otter is second to none with little bit of a price tag. Consider it is something that you are probably going to own for 5+ years I think that the extra on cost well warranted. Not to mention the square tubing is extremely rigid on those windy days. Bring on the ICE!!!!