• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Primos Alpha Dog

Wondering if anyone has any feedback on this electronic

caller? Seems it gets very good reviews and is quite loud with

little or no distortion. Also it is half the price of the

mid-level Foxpro, and comes with 75 sounds and some hunt sequences

that were recorded by Randy Anderson.

Thank you for the feedback/s.

I have the Primos Turbo Dogg, the cheaper of the Primos line and it is a great little unit for the money. The only thing I don't like about it is the remote has a bad delay. When you go to pause/mute the sound or change sounds it can take 10-15 seconds sometimes. Not sure if the Alpha Dogg has the same problem but I see in the book they both have similar remotes.

Truth of it is I needed to replace my caller as it has been a tough year so I went to the cheaper purchase. Looking back I should have bought cheaper groceries and spent more on a FoxPro. I do like the Primos unit but it is not a FoxPro and it shows from time to time.

After having the Primos for a couple weeks, I have to admit it is a fantastic E call! Very loud with no distortion, comes with 75 sounds and 6 expert hunt scenerios ( all blown by Randy Hanson). Small enough and light enough. We tested the remote and it worked out to 235 yards even in brush. Very convenient legs/speaker covers. Can have just the horn on, just speakers, and horn as well as speakers. Much better unit than I ever thought it would be. Well worth paying half the price (267.00) than the mid level foxpro, with twice the volume and more sounds.