• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

.270 win or .280 rem

The .280 Remington is capable of generating slightly higher velocities with a given bullet weight than the .270 Winchester, and also able to use heavier bullets due to the larger .284" diameter. .284" bullets also have higher ballistic coefficients at the top of the weight spectrum than .277" bullets. The greater energy and higher ballistic coefficient of heavier .284" bullets give the .280 Remington a slight ballistic advantage over the .270 Winchester.

Thats about it.

See, I am the kind of guy who buys guns to fill in "gaps". I have a .243 that shoots 80gr and 100gr bullets well. I have my .280 that shoots 140gr and 154gr well. I have a .308 that shoots 150gr and 180gr very well. My next rifle to go in my collection will probably be something odd, like a .358 (.308 necked up to .35 caliber) or a .35 Whelen (30-06 necked up to .35 caliber). It's how I justify spending money and reloading equipment on all this stuff. hehehe.

I have been building my Contender collection as well, and love shooting it in .223 and 7mm Waters. May have to get .35 Maximum barrel soon! Either that or a .41 mag that some guy is selling on hsolist really reasonable.

I like your style county line. You just sold the .280 for me. You sound like you know your stuff. I don't understand why people get mad at a guy for asking advice on next gun purchase for 2 really close calibers. I only have so much cash and want some BANG hahaha for my buck.